A History of Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary (1863-2013)
By John M. Brenner & Peter M. Prange
The Evangelical Lutheran Theological Seminary of the Wisconsin Synod was founded in 1863 and celebrated its sesquicentennial in 2013 as Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary. This anniversary history is intended to serve as a reminder that all blessings come from our Savior God alone and that we are called to serve simply as the earthly vessels that carry the good news of salvation into all the world. The people of our seminary and synod are nothing more than jars of clay (2 Co 4:7).
Disclaimer: In an effort to provide the most relevant and useful content, we may provide links to non-WELS resources. WELS is not responsible for the content on external websites. WELS is not officially endorsing these websites, nor does WELS endorse all content on these sites.